Do you want to know what’s happening with your money at any time, day or not? Do you find yourself waiting for your monthly bank statement or going to visit a bank branch or calling the bank to find out? If so, then you are making things needlessly difficult for yourself. Get with the program and sign up for Online Banking.
Online Banking is usually one of those areas where you no longer have to worry about fees. All you have to do is look to your left or look to your right, and you will find a bank or credit union that is giving away online banking at no cost. In this day and age there really no reason to pay for Online Banking. Online Business Banking, on the other hand is another story, which we won’t discuss here right now.
We have a great bias towards online banking, because it worksâ€¦ and it works very well.
If you are still keeping a check registrar and refuse to use online banking, you seriously need to ask yourself, â€œWhy?â€ Just because something works does not mean that itâ€™s the best use of your time. Online banking will save you time and money by simplifying the things you already do to track your finances, whereas continuing to keep track of your finances on paper is slow, less accurate, and, quite frankly, a waste of time.
Now, weâ€™re not saying that you shouldnâ€™t keep track of your finances; quite the contrary. Weâ€™re just saying that online banking is a much better way to keep track of your finances.
- You can view recent transactions, and they usually keep the data for at least 90 days. Some banks and credit unions keep the data online for 6 months to 1 year.
- Itâ€™s easy to monitor for unauthorized transactions, whereas if youâ€™re waiting for a paper statement, then valuable time has passed.
- Transfer funds between accounts from anywhere at anytime.
- Keep years of eStatements online and out of your file cabinet.
- Send funds to other financial institutions.